Enjoy a trip to El Minya from Cairo and visit the splendor of the pharaohs. You will visit the exciting sights of Beni Hassan, El Ashmunayn, Tuna el Gebel and Tell el Amarna, which will bring you closer to the magic of the pharaohs.
Highlights El Minya. Pharaonic magic:
- Visit the necropolis of the fifteenth province of Egypt - Tuna El Gabal
- Learn the history of the ancient city of El Ashmonien
- See well-preserved tombs and underground passages
- See the mummies of Ibis and Baboon
- Enjoy lunch in a typical local restaurant
- Visit the rock tombs of Beni Hassan
- Tell el-Amarna - the former capital of Akhenaten
- See the letters of El Amarna
Full Description El Minya. Pharaonic magic:
First, at 06:00 am check out from the hotel. Traveling from Cairo to central Egypt, the journey takes 4 hours. We will visit the necropolis of the fifteenth province of Egypt - Tuna El Gabal. Meanwhile, it was the main burial site of the ancient city of El Ashmonien, as it is called today. The city has developed into an important archaeological site that is visited by many tourists traveling to Egypt. During the tour, you will see well-preserved tombs with underground passages. Also, see the mummies of Ibis and Baboon. Lunch at a typical local restaurant.
After lunch, you will visit the rock-cut tombs of Beni Hasan. Meanwhile, These tombs were used as burial places for many local rulers of the El Minya region. Unique graphics and inscriptions describe the daily activities of the time.
During the tour, you will visit Tell el-Amarna, the former capital of Akhenaten, which he founded in honor of the sun god Aton. You will see the letters of El Amarna - these are tablets that were written by the ancient Egyptians in the Babylonian language. About 350 clay tablets. Of these, 50 are in Cairo, 200 in Berlin, 22 in Oxford, and 82 in the British Museum. After that, return to Cairo. You will be at your hotel at around 21:00.
Check out our reviews and more activities Here
- Transfers from the hotel and back
- Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all listed attractions
- Personal expenses
What to bring
- Breakfast to go (order at your hotel at the reception, it's free)
- Warm clothes (in winter)