The city of Petra (Jordan) appeared more than 2000 years ago. He was cut right in the rocks. In this amazing city, hundreds of buildings are carved into pink and red rocks. It is for this reason that Petra is called the pink city. We suggest you go on a day trip to Jordan from Dahab and stroll through the ancient city.
Highlights Petra 1-Day Tour:
- Full-day tour from Dahab to Petra ensures you don't miss out on this iconic attraction
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Dahab hotel
- Includes all entrance fees and lunch: No added costs
- Get insights into the ancient city from your guide
Full Description Petra 1-Day Tour:
Ancient "Pink City"
Petra is an extraordinary archaeological city, the oldest capital of the Nabataean kingdom. Meanwhile, Petra is located at the intersection of two main trade routes of its time, almost 300 km away. from Amman, the capital of Jordan.
The city has only one entrance - through the former bed of a large mountain river. During the tour, your guide will take you to Petra through the Sik gorge. Then he will tell about the history of the city, stages of construction, archaeological features.
During the trip, you will look into the residential buildings of those times, you will see:
The famous treasury of Al-Khazneh
Temples that are entirely carved out of rock
Meanwhile, the total length of the route in one direction is 3 km. The total time of the excursion in Petra is 4 hours (including free time).
Then, the Temple of Ed-Deir, which you can visit on your own, the guide will give you free time. The temple is at the end of the route, about 1000 steps lead to it.
After the tour, you will have lunch at a local restaurant with traditional Jordanian cuisine (buffet).
Next, the road to your hotel in Dahab.
Check out our reviews and more activities Here
- Luxury boat from Taba Heights to Aqaba and back
- Transfers by A/C buses from Aqaba to Petra and Back
- Professional licensed English speaking guide
- Pickup and drop off hotel
- Extras during lunch
- Tips for the horses in Jordon
What to bring