Visit Aswan, the beautiful city on the eastern bank of the Nile River, on this 2-day tour from Marsa Alam. See the famous Aswan Dam and learn more about its construction and importance for the Egyptian people.
- Transfers to/from your hotel
- Overnight stay in the hotel, including breakfast
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Admission to the sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Visit the cities of Aswan and Abu Simbel with their impressive examples of Egyptian craftsmanship.
- See the famous Aswan Dam and learn more about the complex construction of this huge protective wall.
- Find out more about the mysterious temple of Abu Simbel, one of the most important buildings from the time of the pharaohs
Admire the famous Aswan Dam and visit Abu Simbel on this exciting tour. After pick-up at your hotel, head directly to Aswan and visit the Philae Temple, which became famous after it was relocated to be saved from flooding. Afterwards, visit the unfinished obelisk of an unknown pharaoh and admire the skills of ancient Egyptian craftsmen. After a hearty lunch, drive to the famous Aswan Dam. Built in 1960, the Aswan Dam plays an important role for the Egyptians in keeping the annual flood in check. Stay overnight in the Mövenpick hotel in Aswan and spend the evening as you wish with the option of enjoying a fantastic sound and light show in the Philae Temple upon request. After breakfast the next morning, drive to Abu Simbel to visit the two mysterious temples of Abu Simbel. Learn more about the important completion of the Temple of Ramses II and enjoy a delicious lunch before returning to your hotel.