The city of Petra (Jordan) appeared more than 2000 years ago. He was cut right in the rocks. In this amazing city, hundreds of buildings are carved into pink and red rocks. It is for this reason that Petra is called the pink city. We suggest you go on a day trip to Jordan and stroll through the ancient city.
Highlights Petra (Jordan):
- A comfortable bus takes guests on an excursion to Jordan from Sharm El Sheikh at night
- 06: 00-07: 00 - arrival at the port of Nuweiba. Departure by ferry to Aqaba (Jordan).
- The road to Petra passes through the Wadi Rum desert
- Cultural program in Petra,
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant
- Panoramic view of Aqaba,
- 19:00 - Departure to Nuweiba pier by ferry
- Return to hotel closer to midnight
Full Description Petra (Jordan):
Ancient "Pink City"
Petra is an extraordinary archaeological city, the oldest capital of the Nabataean kingdom. Meanwhile, Petra is located at the intersection of two main trade routes of its time, almost 300 km away. from Amman, the capital of Jordan.
The city has only one entrance - through the former bed of a large mountain river. During the tour, your guide will take you to Petra through the Sik gorge. Then he will tell about the history of the city, stages of construction, archaeological features.
During the trip, you will look into the residential buildings of those times, you will see:
- the famous treasury of Al-Khazneh
- temples that are entirely carved out of rock
- ancient amphitheater
- High altar
Meanwhile, the total length of the route in one direction is 3 km. The total time of the excursion in Petra is 4 hours (including free time).
Then, the Temple of Ed-Deir, which you can visit on your own, the guide will give you free time. The temple is at the end of the route, about 1000 steps lead to it.
During the tour, schedule your time. You may have to return back by camel or horse cart.
After the tour, you will have lunch at a local restaurant with traditional Jordanian cuisine (buffet).
Next, the road to your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh.
Check out our reviews and more activities Here
- travel by comfortable tourist bus
- travel by ferry
- visa to Jordan
- entry tickets
- guide services
- drinks during lunch
- riding a camel
What to bring
- Personal hygiene products
- Drinking water
- Dry rations (pre-ordered at the hotel)
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothes in winter
- It is imperative to make a visa at the airport on arrival at the cost of $ 25