Embark on an adventure and dive in Hurghada to some amazing shipwreck sites like El Mina wreck, Salem Express Wreck, Giannis D, and Thistlegorm. Also, enjoy lunch on board, and, during the trip, you can enjoy the wonderful views of the red sea and the fantastic weather. Don't forget to take amazing photos, so, you will have a memory of your Wreck Diving in Hurghada.
Highlights Wreck Diving Hurghada:
- Uncover the El Mina wreck under the red sea
- Get up close to the haunted Salem Express Wreck
- Say hello to the school of fish at Thistlegorm
- Choose between diving site options that suit your needs
Full description Wreck Diving Hurghada
El Mina Wreck (the Harbour Wreck), Egyptian minesweeper. The El Mina was bombed by the Israelis in 1969 in Hurghada bay. The "Harbour Wreck" is approximately 70m in length and with a beam of 9m. It lies on its port side in 30m depth. It's perfect for Wreck Diving Hurghada.
Thistlegorm Wreck A British vessel was attacked from the air and sunk in 1941 while carrying a cargo of war supplies to the British troops in North Africa. She was at anchor behind Shab Ali and awaiting orders to move up through the Suez canal when German aircraft bombed the British freighter.
The cargo is still virtually intact and includes rifles, motorcycles, railway locomotives, trucks. A big wreck - 131 meters long. Currents can be strong, and in different directions at the surface and at the wreck. The wreck is home to batfish, jacks, barracudas, surgeonfish, and much more.
The Giannis D crashed into the reef at Sha’ab Abu Nuhas in April 1983 and sank with her cargo of timber. Originally built in Japan in 1969 and called the ‘Shoyo Maru’, at the time of her sinking she was owned by a Greek shipping company, Dumarc, hence the ‘D’ in her name.
Salem Express Wreck Passenger ferry carrying pilgrims returning to Mecca sank in 1992 after hitting the reef at night. 300 victims perished in one of the greatest marine tragedies of all time.
Tour program Wreck Diving Hurghada:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Dive equipment
- 1 mineral water
- 1 soft drink
Not suitable for
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
What to bring
- Driver’s license
- Passport or ID card, copy accepted
About this activity
- Free cancellation Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 7 – 12 hours Starting time 8:00 AM
- Skip the line through express security check
- Instant confirmation
- Instructor English, German, Russian
- Pickup included
- Please wait at the hotel entrance 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Drivers will wait no longer than 5 minutes after the scheduled pickup time
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- Note that wrecks like Salem Express Wreck, Giannis D, Thistlegorm need a copy of your passport
- Video recording