Visit the Sinai Desert and hike to the top of Mount Moses. Marvel at the incredible sunrise from the summit. Visit the oldest working Christian monastery in the world — St. Catherine Monastery.
Highlights Mount Moses and St. Catherine's Monastery:
- Enjoy a unique hiking adventure to the summit of Mount Moses
- Watch the sunrise from the top and admire the incredible views
- Visit the Monastery of St. Catherine and learn the story of the building
- Reach the top of Mount Sinai where God gave Moses the Ten Commandments
- Take some amazing pictures and pray while admiring the sunrise
Full Description Mount Moses and St. Catherine's Monastery:
In the tour's course, you will have a walking night ascent to the top of Mount Moses, meeting the dawn. Visit to the ancient monastery of St. Catherine, included in the UNESCO list of cultural heritage sites.
Meanwhile, in the monastery you will see ancient icons, the Burning Bush and the well of Moses. The church is currently closed. Mount Moses is mentioned in the biblical story, according to which it was there that God gave the Prophet 10 commandments.
Next, you will climb to the top together with a Bedouin guide. Then, after walking 7 km, you will find yourself at an altitude of 2300 m above sea level. Along the way, there are stops for rest, there are tents with tea / coffee and sweets. You can change to a camel (extra charge). The ascent lasts approx. 3 hours. At the top of the mountain, the group meets the dawn - a truly picturesque sight.
Next, go down the mountain in the same way. During the tour, do not forget to take memorable historical photos.
Then the group follows by bus to the monastery of St. Catherine.
Check out our review Here
- Travel by comfortable tourist bus
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets
- Mount Sinai hike
- St. Catherine Monastery visit
- Camel rental
What to bring
- Warm clothes in winter
- Summer hat
- Hiking shoes