Cross the Egyptian desert on an 18-hour bus tour from Hurghada, and see the main monuments of Cairo’s Old Town. Learn about the mummification of the pharaohs at the Egyptian Museum, and marvel at the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx.
- Explore the oldest of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World at Giza
- Tour the Old Town of Cairo
- Go to the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square
- Marvel at the high Pyramid of Khufu, the oldest in the Giza Plateau
- Learn how the pyramids were built from an Egyptologist guide
- See the reclining statue of the Great Sphinx
Discover the “City of a Thousand Minarets” on a full-day tour of Cairo, with round-trip transfers by bus from Hurghada. Relax in air-conditioned comfort on the long journey, admiring views of the Gulf of Suez.
Upon arrival, your private Egyptologist guide will take you to Giza Plateau to see the oldest of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Get breathtaking views of the Pyramids of Giza as you explore the mortuary temples of Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus. Learn the story of how the temples were constructed, and hear the stories behind their legends.
Continue to the Great Sphinx, the giant statue of a reclining mythical beast with a lion’s body and the face of the Pharaoh Khafre. Go to the Valley Temple opposite, attributed to the Pharaoh Khafre, and marvel at the feat of ancient engineering.
After lunch, drive into central Cairo to explore the artifacts of the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square. Designed by French architect Marcel Dourgnon, the museum’s collections exceed 120,000 masterpieces from the pre-dynastic to the Pharaonic and Greco-Roman periods. Learn about the mummification art of Ancient Egypt before your return transfer to Hurghada.
- Transfers by air-conditioned van
- Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch at a local specialty restaurant
What’s Not Included
- Drinks at lunch
- Any service not mentioned in “what’s included”